So this months photochallenge over at the lovely Simone from Junglefrog Cooking caught me with my pants down. But as I tried to be something like a domestic goddess this afternoon I had a few options…or not that many as the cookies I baked weren’t that appealing considering the appearance.
So here we go with my Cappucchino Balls which started looking like little dog poohs when I piped the dough on my baking sheet.
But when they got their little meringue tops they started to look like little snow covered mountain tops…or dog poohs with bird dropping on it…as you like it. ;o)
Mingled with my advent decoration and arranged in a little silvery bag it looks really cute and I’m ready to enter this month challenge. I forgot to mention in my last entry posts for the previous month that you can vote for me with linking my photo here…just a little hint, hehe.
Last but not least I want to share the recipe with you for those who are interested.
3 egg whites, a pinch of salt, 250g icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla sugar, 2 tsp cocoa, 2 tsp instant coffee, ca 250g almonds
- whisk the egg white with the icing sugar, salt and vanilla sugar until stiff
- put about 4 spoons beaten egg whites aside for the topping
- mix the cocoa and coffee under the remaining beaten egg whites
- fold in the almonds and pipe the mix on a baking sheet
- pipe the beaten egg white that were put aside onto your little piles